Please Help Me With My Decision
I’m in a quandary. The name of this blog needs to change, in my opinion. Let me tell you why, then please answer my question to help me move on.
Reasons To Change The Blog Name
- Relevance. All the best advice says that my blog’s name should reflect what I write about. “The Blind Leading The Blinds” is a sort-of catch-all title, but doesn’t have any relevance any more. Originally this blog was going to incorporate our Roman Blind service, but that venture has its very own website and I don’t write about it much here.
- SEO. Ths isn’t such a big deal for my personal blog, but it would be better if I stood a least a chance of being found based on what’s actually going on on this blog. The current name is less than useful in that respect. I get search hits based on post titles, but a bit of search synergy (I’m copyrighting that phrase right here and now) would be nice.
- Adsense. I have an Adsense account linked to the site. If you know Adsense, you’ll know that it serves up adverts based on what’s on the site… so primarily it serves up ads for rival companies to our aforementioned Roman Blinds site! No matter how you look at it, this is a bit rubbish, isn’t it? Also, irrelevant ads are a total waste of page space, so I want relevant ads. A relevant name would help. If I get his bit right, some of you will click on the ads occasionally, and the objective of having AdNoSense in the first place can be met: earning a few pennies to pay for hosting.
This Is The Bit Where I Hope You Will Help
Will you answer me two questions please?
- Should I change the name of my personal blog?
- Do you have any (repeatable) suggestions, based on the objectives I’ve rambled about above?
I can’t promise to use your ideas, but rest assured that I will consider every idea you share. Some of them won’t be considered for very long though 😉
I’d really appreciate your input.