Yes, I’ve been quiet. Sorry about that: I’ve got some stuff going on right now.
I read an excellent little article today over on the Bike Tinker Blog. It’s an excellent blog all about doing weird stuff with – and for – bikes. A lovely pastime. Check it out.
Anyway, this article listed some Rules Of The Road, which I’m going to reproduce here. I hope the author doesn’t mind.
Rules Of The Road.
- Expect to share the road with bicycles.
- Expect to share the road with cars.
- Move predictably.
- Never attempt to kill or injure another person intentionally.
- Pay attention, so you don’t kill or injure anyone unintentionally.
- Stay aware of other peoples’ presence, speed and direction.
- Alert people to your presence, but do not startle them.
- Always wear a helmet, even if you’re just going around the corner.
- Assume that everyone else on the road is trying to kill you.
Do you have any more to add? I’d be interested to see them. Or, distil your best 3 and put them here, because everyone knows that you can’t remember more than 3 things at the same time.